Tuesday 2 August 2011

The countdown is on!

We are now approximately only one month until our wedding, Yikes! I would love to say that I was a calm and cool bride right up until the end, but I can feel the anxiety creeping in and my grip on calm, cool and collected is slipping. Here are the things that I am worried about:

1) Making sure everyone is happy and has a good time, there is something in me that desperately needs to please and have people walking away thinking that they loved our wedding. Ok, I am sure most brides feel this way and I get that my wedding will be infinitely more important to myself and my fiance then anyone else. Maybe I am more afraid of the opposite , that things will go horribly wrong , guest will be bored, hungry, uncomfortable or worst of all offended. Ahhh, I think the truth is out. I think the later is more the fear the first bit is more the hope. This fear may have been brought on by the fact that I just found out some guest did not recieve their invitations, stupid postal strike.

2)Worried I forgot something, with so many details that go into a wedding and it falling on my shoulders to coordinate them, my flightly and disorganized self is like to to drop the ball somewhere.

3) Not enough time! We had 10 months to plan this shindig and we only booked and DJ last week. I am trying to remember that most of what we have left is detail stuff and decor so if it gets missed likely only I will know but I can still feel the pressure.

4) Keeping people in the loop. I never imagined myself as a bride until after the proposal, not to say I didn't think about getting married endlessly, I just never pictured myself in the dress walking down the isle. I am a little older, we own a house, we have good jobs, so the whole idea of a wedding to start our life together is a bit deflated. Due to this, and a healthy amount of not wanting to be the center of attention means I have not put much effort into reaching out or unifying the bridal party, not to mention 4 of the 8 live in other cities. This lack of effort on my part is potentially a backfire as it also means people are not kept up to date with events and plans to participate in the activites. Working on it!

Those are the biggies, enough of the negative. The positive is things are actually coming together, nothing major (knock wood) has gone wrong and I haven't lost it yet.

PS. Bachelor party was this weekend, they had a good time, he came home safely and missing me. LOve him!

No comments:

Post a Comment